The Sandbox is collaborating with Atari and is launching a brand new game jam to signify this partnership. This contest will be similar to the VoxEdit, whereby players will create their own experiences. There are no limits to what structures participants can set up within the SandVerse. In addition, they can also play Food Fight and Alien Brigade while they get to work.
🕹️ ATARI GAME JAM 🕹️
Get creative and build out your wildest dreams in the Atari universe!
Full details and rules ⤵️https://t.co/OS8WefKoml
— The Sandbox (@TheSandboxGame) September 17, 2022
This competition is a medium for celebrating Atari’s 50th anniversary. As part of this process, the video game publisher will open 15 of its IPs to Sandbox, and users will choose two of them to build with. However, it is very important to understand these resources are strictly for this competition. Everyone is prohibited from distributing, selling or using them for anything else. They include the following:
- CRYSTAL CASTLES®
- MISSILE COMMAND®
- BLACK WIDOW™
- YARS’ REVENGE®
- MINER 2049er™
- ALIEN BRIGADE™
- FOOD FIGHT™
- HUMAN CANNONBALL
Essential Details on the Sandbox Atari Game Jam
The Sandbox Atari Game Jam will begin on the 19th of September. Once it goes live, participants have till 3 PM UTC on the 16th of October to drop in their submissions. After that, the team will gather all entries, and voting will run from the 17th of October to the 6th of November. By November 12, the results will be announced.
The top ten users will get the following rewards:
- 1st Position – 12,000 $SAND and a “50 Years of Atari” NFT.
- @nd Position – 7,000 $SAND
- 3rd Position – 4,000 $SAND
- 4th to 10th Positions – 1,000 $SAND each
Important Criteria for Participation
There are specific details that everyone must adhere to when creating and submitting their entries. they include the following:
- To join this event, interested persons must create an account on The Sandbox.
- You can work alone or in teams of 4 people.
- However, you can only use your assets and other people’s to create your experience.
- Create a quality game, as poor projects will be automatically disqualified.
- You must design your game using the Game Maker and VoxEdit Software. Visit the Gitbook page to guide you on how to use these tools.
- Upon completion, submit your entry to the Game Maker Gallery and through this form. Failure to do so will render your work invalid.
- All contents must be created after the Sandbox Atari Game Jam launch date. Do not submit anything that was made before September 19th.
- Your work must use at least 25 different assets and follow a theme or storyline.