The Sandbox has launched the Valentine’s Day VoxEdit Contest just before February 14th. The team calls on creatives to share their ideas and join in this celebration of love. They will create digital assets that capture the celebration coming up next month. This comes after the announcement of the Lunar New Year Event.
💖 Love is in the air and it’s time to spread it in the metaverse! 💞 Create a heartwarming asset that captures the essence of Valentine’s Day! 💗
— VoxEdit (@VoxEdit) January 30, 2023
Details of The Sandbox Valentine’s Day VoxEdit Contest
The Sandbox Valentine’s Day VoxEdit Contest will be open for submissions on the 30th of January, 2023. Interested participants will have from then until 11:59 PM UTC on the 13th of February to put forth their entries. The team will select the best ten creations and distribute 15,000 $SAND to them.
The sharing formula is as shown below:
- 1st position: 6,000 $SAND
- 2nd position: 3,500 $SAND
- 3rd position: 2,000 $SAND
- 4th to 10th positions: 500 $SAND each
To stand a chance of sharing from this prize pool, contestants must create a GIF animation of their assets. Gyazo is an excellent tool for this purpose. Once your design is ready, tweet a copy of your work and tag @VoxEdit and @TheSandboxGame. After posting your tweet, fill out this Google Form to complete your submission.
Note: Failure to complete all the steps mentioned above may result in the annulment of your entry.
Meanwhile, new users who want to join this contest can visit the new VoxEdit Academy to learn how the design software works. In addition, you can also join the Discord Server and interact with other artists to learn more.
Rules and Regulations Guiding this Contest
Before designing your animated assets, you must understand that regulations guide your participation. Here are the rules of The Sandbox Valentine’s Day VoxEdit Contest:
- Your animated character must not be more than 512 voxels or 16 meters tall. The top floor print is 512 by 512 by 512.
- The asset you create should not go beyond 175 nodes and must not have more than 5000 faces.
- Creators are advised to put in significant effort and not design haphazard assets. Low-quality entries will be automatically disqualified.
- Your submission should be original and created by you. Lazily lifting off already-existing designs will result in disqualification by The Sandbox team.
- Avoid offensive and unfriendly entries. Sexual, homophobic, racist and other NSFW-related designs will be rejected.
- The Sandbox team will vote internally and determine the winners.